If the company receives a complaint from a client, the following procedure is to be followed (NB: complaints should be received in writing only. If the complaint is received verbally, the complainant should be requested to put this in writing. Please record details on the appropriate complaint’s procedure sheet.
1)A written acknowledgement is to be sent out within **five working days, stating that a full investigation of the complaint will be carried out by Gary Valentine-Fuller and that, where possible, a written response will be given within **twenty-one working days.
Where these timescales cannot be met due to the nature of the complaint or length of investigation time needed, the complainant should be kept informed in writing of this.
2) If the complaint is not resolved to the complainant’s satisfaction, the matter is to be passed to the Managing Director/owner/proprietor or someone who holds a similar senior management position.
3) A further written response from the Managing Director/senior management will then be given within **fourteen working days.
4) If, after this stage, no resolution is reached, the client is to be offered the opportunity to contact The independent funeral consumer complaints service and will be given the appropriate leaflet and guidance regarding this.
5) All information regarding a complaint will be handled confidentially and sensitively, informing only those who need to know, and will follow any relevant data protection requirements.
6) In every instance, all correspondence – either received or sent – will be copied and retained on file.
** all timescales above are included as guidance only and can be amended to suit the member’s needs